Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Yellow Newport Tropical Gangsters Sweatshirt


Dimitri's Tropical Gangsters Newport Crocodile



A really incredible vintage Dimitri's alligator (or crocodile?) sweatshirt sold for $38 about a year and a half ago. Like with Hot Rocket, the artist from Dimitri's made prints for "Tropical Gangsters" a clothing shop in Newport Rhode Island that might or might not have been directly associated with Dimitri Sr. of the original brand. Anyway, I'm in tears that I didn't see this for sale when it was available. Check out the double fade layers for the background and skin. If you have one like this to sell, please message me, I'll offer way more than $38! And if you have photos to share, please send those too.

3 comments:

  1. Another synchronicity for the books. i just pulled a Tropical Gangsters Crocodile shirt out of the washer after 30 years in a trunk and decided to Google Dimitri’s. Saw this post assuming it was old and it was a few days ago. Doesn’t look like I can send photo in comments. Also have Sumo’s Best Friend (a green shar pei).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara! That's incredible timing - as you can see I haven't updated this blog in years, and just did so a few days ago. Would you mind sending me photos of the shirt via email? My email is veilnebula@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete